Principle And Construction Of X-ray Machine

- Nov 30, 2017-

X-Ray was discovered by the German professor of music in 1895. This kind of vacuum tube emits the radiating line that can penetrate the object, in the electromagnetic spectrum energy is stronger than visible light, the wavelength is shorter, the frequency is higher, similar radiation line has cosmic rays,-and so on.

The-Must have an X-ray bulb, and the basic structure of the X-ray ball tube must have:
Cathode Filament (Cathod)
Anode Target (anode)
Vacuum glass tube (evacuated glass envelope)
And of course the power supply.

X-Ray is a very short wavelength of electromagnetic waves. The wavelength range is 0.0006~50nm. X-ray security is commonly used in the X-ray wavelength range of 0.008~0.031nm (equivalent to 40~150kv). In the electromagnetic spectrum, between gamma rays and ultraviolet rays, the wavelength is much shorter than that of visible light and invisible to the naked eye.

Radiographic imaging mainly utilizes the penetrating, fluorescence and photographic effects of rays.
X-rays interacting with objects:
1. Photoelectric effect
2. Compton scattering (incoherent scattering)
3. Rayleigh scattering (coherent scattering)
4. Electronic dipole effect

The X-ray process is first connected to the power supply, through the step-down transformer, for the X-ray tube filament heating, producing free electrons and gathered around the cathode. When the step-up transformer provides high-voltage power to the X-ray tube poles, the potential difference between the cathode and the anode is sharply higher, the free electrons in the active state are attracted by the powerful attraction, so that the electrons in the beam will travel at high speed from the cathode to the anode and the tungsten target atom structure. At this time, energy conversion occurs, of which about 1% of the energy below forms the X-ray, and the remaining 99% is converted to heat energy. The former is mainly emitted by the X-ray tube window, which is distributed by the Heat dissipation facility.